(pictured above whole head-on Monkfish)
- Fresh Stone Crab Claw Season is open! Place your pre-orders now!
- Fresh Cooked Alaskan Red King Crab. We have a small window of opportunity to purchase fresh Alaskan King Crab from Dutch Harbor, Alaska. Minimum order is a 40# case, please call for availability and pricing.
- New England Fresh Bay Scallops: The region where these gems are harvested includes Martha’s Vineyard, Cape Cod Bay, and Nantucket. The season officially opens November 1st, however, we do not expect to see them immediately because of the way in which they are harvested. There are strict restrictions in this cottage industry, where scallops are truly hand-harvested by divers.
- Wild Salmon: The season and availability of fresh wild salmon is coming to an end.
- Lake Fish: Walleye is still plentiful. We expect to continue to see Medium Walleye for the next few weeks. However, only a limited amount of fresh or frozen Jumbo Walleye will be available. Yellow Perch: As we head towards the end of October the Fresh Lake Erie Yellow Perch season has began to slow down. We are expecting our fisherman to meet their quotas for the season within the next few weeks.
- Mahi: Mahi is in great supply and we are expecting to see big, beautiful fish arriving throughout the Winter. Price is down and would make an excellent menu or special option.
- Sword: If you can, avoid swordfish this week. The combination of the hurricane and full moon have driven the price of sword to the highest we’ve seen this year. We should see some relief going into next week.
- Alaskan Halibut: The closure for Alaskan Halibut is early November. Halibut prices have stayed consistently high over the past few weeks.
New Fish Features:
- Hawaiian Kanpachi: Similar to Amberjack, this premium yellowtail is farmed off the coast of Kona, Hawaii. Endless preparation options are available including raw: sashimi, poke, ceviche or cooked: steamed, poached, sautéed, broiled, grilled, seared (you get the picture). Not to mention, this fish has the sustainability, stewardship, health stats, and taste to make it one of our favorite new fish to present to consumers and restaurants alike. Find more information here.
- Pacifico Striped Bass: Pacifico Aquaculture’s striped bass are unique in that they are the only farmed striped bass to be given a 4-Star (highest rating) by the Best Aquaculture Program which evaluates the sustainability and practices of the processor, farm, hatchery, and feed of farmed seafood products. Raised in the open ocean of Baja, California with minimal handling and quick delivery. Find out more information here.